Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ugly Duckling #2

If you have been following my ugly canvas redo project...here is my second one.

I am not sure what I was thinking with this 6x6 canvas.  I wanted a bird in a cage, and then just kept trying to make it interesting, but it ended up being too busy and nothing really meshed together.


I started out with some cobalt teal paint and a pallet knife.   I scraped to allow the yellow and layers to be seen.



I then added some leftover dress pattern for the bottom.  At this point I was thinking of an outdoor scene.



I glued the tissue down with gel medium.

I then painted a couple love birds and a heart.  I stamped on some words and letters.



I am liking it much better!

1 comment:

  1. cool project....You make it look sooooo simple. Helps to your talent.

    ReplyDelete