Thursday, April 4, 2013

ART is You...or me

I have been busy prepping for some fun creative "down time" coming up.  Hard to call it down time, because I know I will be crazy busy at the Art Is You retreat in Nashville this weekend! Woot Woot!
Three days of artsy workshops, new friends with similar passions, a little bit of good food and wine, and lots of time getting messy stretching myself artistically.


In preparation, I made some fun little "artist trades" to trade with other artists.  I am so new to this, so I had to ask lots of questions because I had no idea what to trade.  I made up about 30 of these cool little bags of artsy goodness.



They include bits and pieces of found objects, items and papers that would be totally fun to include on a piece of art.  I have become such a hoarder for this kind of stuff. I even saved the paper wrap from my publix deli sandwich the other day and included it in my art.  Awesome!  I am literally excited with anticipation to see what kind of cool foriegn bits of ephemera my husband brings back after being in Russia for 10 days.....FUN!

So anyway, I have been busy assembling these little trades, gathering my supplies (or a small selection of them) and deciding what shirts I should wear that aren't too ugly but I don't care if I accidentally destroy.

I am meeting my sweet friend Tracy there who I met last year for the first time at an art retreat.  We will sure to be tired from all the laughter and fun!

I will post again after it is all over and share some photos...and hopefully show you some finished art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment