Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring has SPRUNG!


This is a picture near the entrance of our neighborhood of the cherry trees in bloom. Every year I say I am going to take a photo and end up waiting too late. But this year I got a perfect photo! Yay!

While Vince was in Russia, I dug in deep...to my backyard, that is.  I spent several hours digging, weeding, planting, going to Lowe's and then going to Lowe's again. At one point I had planted 48 plants in our yard! (and no, that does NOT count the annuals).

It was all worth it because our backyard looks great and I have been enjoying sitting on my deck watching the birds, drinking my coffee and taking in the scenery before the hot days of summer turn everything brown and crispy!

So I thought I'd share a few photos with you...

I think Van Gogh painted my garden! :)


Morning dew on the Hibiscus.


Iris in full bloom along my garden gate edge.


I love blue flowers in my garden...not sure why, but I find them very appealing. Here is some larkspur.


This is the second year I am trying poppies. I love poppies, they are just so carefree.  But if they don't turn out to be soldiers in the garden this year, they won't be coming back to my yard next year! 



Just some other iris blooming around the yard. I love to try and find new and unusual colors. I planted some this year  (that won't bloom until next year) that are blue. See? I told you I like blue flowers! :)


 And I love the unusual shape of the digitalis ~ aka: Foxglove. They are delicate and stately all at the same time!



And my favorites... peonies! They are sooo close to bursting into bloom (usually by Mother's Day)...I can not wait.

Happy Spring & Blossoms!


No comments:

Post a Comment