Monday, June 3, 2013

It is SUMMER!!!

woot woot!

So glad to have summer in town for a few months...even if it means my allergies are kicking...and boy are they kickin'!!

But it also means a quieter schedule, kids at home a little more and less stress.

Jumpstarting the summer season were my bed of peonies, blooming loud and proud for everyone to see. For those of you who don't know, my husband planted this garden of peony plants one mother's day a couple years ago (three I think??) for me ~ how romantic and sweet! They are one of my favorite flowers!  So here are some shots just to show you their loveliness....







the ONLY bad thing about these wonderful flowers is they only bloom ONCE a year and after a week they are done.  Sniff sniff.  Needless to say I whip out the camera and go a little crazy!

Speaking of camera, I got to shoot my lovely friend's little girl this weekend.  We had an abbreviated photo session because of unforeseen things, but will do part two next weekend.  Anyway, here are a few of my favorites of little A at five months.  Isn't she a beauty?




Been busy preparing for my Splatter & Stitch Camp for girls this month! My friend Tracy Hansen is teaching the sewing projects (the Stitch part) and I am teaching the painting (hence, the Splatter). After I listed the information about it on my FB page, I realized it kind of sounds like a name of an ER and not an art camp! LOL! I think this is going to be so much fun and I can't wait to teach these girls all kinds of fun projects. My biggest challenge so far has been narrowing down what I can teach them in one week.

Other than the above and my parents visiting for a couple weeks, I have been painting too.  Here are some of my latest and greatest.

my bird family

Choose Joy - 4x4 piece


inspirational piece for a child's room or playroom


And my favorite ~ my dreamer girl with all kinds of dreams swirling about in her head!!!

Hope summer is kicking off well for you!








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers (romantic too), beautiful artwork and beautiful models :)

    ReplyDelete