Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sundays



Woke up this morning with a raging migraine. I actually went to bed with it, slept terribly and woke up with it.  I wasn't sure if I was getting the flu or a head cold or just a migraine.  I took a warm bath, popped a few Execdrin Migraine (those are the bomb) and crawled back in bed.  I woke up like a new person!

Today is our day to host Sunday dinner (we alternate with my brother's family), so I prepped the food, made a pie, had the kids help with salad and dishes.  I was enjoying my mellow Sunday mix on my Bose system and walked out on our deck. It was warm!  Like finally not freezing, no cold wind, warm.

I put the cushions in a chair and assumed the position of a serious loafer.  Sweatpants. Check.  Slippers. Check.  Mellow mix of James Taylor, Neil Young, John Denver, and Elton John. Check.

Here I am.


And I was sitting here, I was overcome with PURE gratitude.  Like a crazy, big, fat, warm hug from God kind of gratitude.  I was thinking to myself, He knew I didn't feel great ~ headache gone.  He knew I was in a funk because of the gray blahs of January and he gave me this AWESOME sunny moment to just chill.  I closed my eyes and let the sun warm my cheeks.  It was pure bliss.

As I was enjoying the moment, the sun slipped behind a cloud and it instantly grew chilly. I opened my eyes, as if to say "what the heck?".  And then it slipped right out from behind that cloud and immediately resumed warming. This little moment made me think.  When things are going great in our world we are pleased as punch, and we have our eyes closed to God.  But as soon as we start to face challenges and storms, we immediately open our eyes and think/say, "hey ~ where are you God?".  But He is ALWAYS there.  We just let the crappy "clouds" of our life (the temporary setbacks, the bad days, the disappointments) block our faith to KNOWing God is always there.

Makes me think of the verse:  "Be still and KNOW I am God."

I hope you have a pure bliss, full of gratitude, kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment