Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wishes

(a note to my little tribe of readers...these past two posts were scheduled to publish and didn't...not sure why ~ user error probably!! Anyway, they are not timely but still heart felt)

As winter break comes to a close, we had a good long day of "quality family time" and celebrated Vince's birthday.

Started the day discovering a HUGE...I mean GINORMOUS mess in my art studio.  One of the dogs had ripped open the plastic bag of garbage and it was ALL over the floor.  Needless to say I was not too happy.  And how do you find the guilty culprit when you have two dogs?  Well, how about the one with paint and glitter all over herself??


She even had it on her paws.  Now, I kind of laugh at her because it's like she is wearing the "scarlet letter" on her face announcing her guilt for all to see, but she is kind of oblivious to it.  Good thing I love this dog!


Then off to the bowling alley for some fun.  Since there was a 45 minute wait for the lanes, we killed some time in the arcade. I love skeeball and I destroyed my family.  That's my score on the right. :)


Then we played some basketball which I am not so good at but I actually won the first match! Beginners luck. I lost every one after that, but it was fun!


A little bit of air hockey.  I am pretty sure that 90% of the goals I made were "own goals". Ha!

Then off to the lanes, where Ben entertained with his "creative rolls"; I celebrated with fun dances; Vince smoked us with his strikes and Sarah cringed from all our embarrassing antics!


Rushed home to watch the Sooner game...well as much as you can rush in this traffic.


Then presents, cake (my homemade Double Chocolate Torte) and some football watching. No update on the game. It wasn't pretty.


I don't know why but I love pictures of people blowing out their candles.  No, they typically aren't flattering, but it is in that exact moment they are wishing for something good.  It is a little magical to me!


Happy wishes to you all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment