Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday My Sweet Boy!

Twelve years ago this sweet kid gave me more than I could ever hope for...joy.

As many of you know, I was in the heart of a dark period in my life. I had lost hope, felt attacked and well, joy was sparse in my life. Haleigh had just been placed in a pediatric nursing facility some 160 miles from our home. My heart was broken. I felt like a failure as a mother. I was exhausted. I felt angry at what had happened to her. I felt hopeless because I couldn't cure her and I couldn't come up with the $30K a month for her care after our grant expired. I was definitely in a pit.

On February 25, 2000, my life changed for the better. This little guy healed so many of my wounds. He gave me new hope, and most of all a renewed sense of joy. He gave my sweet Sarah a sibling she would grow to love on and play with. He gave us all the "normal" cries of anger instead of incurable pain; smiles when he was happy and he slowly helped my broken heart begin healing.

my adorable knight, age 4.

on his third birthday as Buzz Lightyear....I would love to know what he was wishing for.

At age 2 in Florida in his favorite thing to hang out in ~ his birthday suit! :)



I love this kid! Happy Birthday Boo Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment